P( 103) In clause 188.8.131.52 of ENV 1992-1-3 the infrequent combination of actions shall be used instead of the characteristic combination. In clause 184.108.40.206.1 of ENV 1992-1-3 the reference to ENV 1991-1-1 shall be replaced by ENV 1992-2.
220.127.116.11 Construction joints
18.104.22.168.1 Ultimate limit state of shear
(101) Joints between precast elements, including segmental construction, should be designed in accordance with 4.5.3 of ENV 1992-1-3.
22.214.171.124.2 Serviceability limit states
P(101) No decompression of unreinforced contact joints shall be permitted under infrequent combination of actions, including during the erection phase.
(102) For cement mortar joints under frequent combination of actions the stresses in the joint should be compressive throughout the joint and not less than 11,51 N/mm2.
(103) In the erection phase, during polymerisation of the mortar, the pressure applied to a resin mortar joint should not be less than |0,15| N/mm2 anywhere in the cross section under the characteristic combination of actions; the average pressure should not be less than |0,25| N/mm2.
126.96.36.199 Composite members 188.8.131.52.1 General considerations
(101) Clause 184.108.40.206 applies to flexural members consisting of precast concrete units acting with in situ concrete, where provision has been made for the transfer of shear in the contact joint. The precast units may be of either reinforced or prestressed concrete.
P( 102) Particular attention shall be given to the effect on stresses and deformation of the method of construction. The structure shall be verified at each stage of construction.
(103) Differential shrinkage between the in situ concrete and precast concrete members may require consideration in analysing composite members for the serviceability limit states (see 220.127.116.11.3), but it need not be considered for the ultimate limit state.
^ 18.104.22.168.2 Ultimate limit states e
Was this article helpful?